Wharton, TX – Weekly Report – Dec 9-13, 2019
December 17, 2019
This week 8 young people journeyed long and far, just like the wise men, to join us in Texas. There journey of 20 plus hours was by train and by bus, from upper state New York, so perhaps they do not share too much with the wise men!
This group of Old Order Mennonites were full of fun and energy. Even though they arrived very tired, when they saw the volleyball net, all the fatigue vanished!
During the week while they were painting, a neighbor lady came by, with a drink in her hand. This lady told them she had a lot of problems, including this drink in her hand, and the girls, knowing who God is, told her, he loves her anyway, and that they would pray for her. Way to go girls!
This week we:
- Painted 3 coats of paint on the front and back porches of Mr. Farris and Ms. Byrd
- Sparkled both Mr. Farris and Ms. Byrd’s home and now the wait is on electric hookup
- Finished tiling and grouting in Mr. Tabarez’s home. This was a long and tedious process for our volunteers in training, but they stood up with great dignity and perseverance to the task
- Trim, more painting, bathroom vanities and other finishes done for the Tabarez home
- Painting, trim, doors, cupboards and vanities at Ms. Plasencia’s home.
It’s been a good 8 weeks and we are very appreciative to the local Wharton County Recovery Team for their support, and to the great many people who work so hard to keep MDS functioning well. We are so thankful for God’s good blessings on this organization.
Thank you to the long term team who brought a great sense of humour, joy and presence of Jesus to each day.
Marj Weber for the Wharton TX MDS site