Weekly volunteers serve at a MDS construction site for one to three weeks as individuals, couples, families, groups, students, retirees, friends and others, aiding in the rebuilding of homes that were damaged by a natural disaster. Visit our online calendar to view weekly volunteer opportunities and to indicate your interest in serving with MDS.
- Serve at an MDS project for 1 to 3 weeks
- Are responsible for arranging and providing for their own transportation to and from the MDS project base
- Lodging and meals are provided at no cost
- Spend the majority of the day (Monday through Friday) working on a construction site led by a crew leader
- Use their trade skills or learn new skills on the job
- Are prepared to be flexible and to serve with others
- Work hard with a positive and Christ-like heart!
- Arrive late Sunday evening for the weekly orientation to give more detailed information about the layout of the week, the work that will be done, etc.
- Monday through Friday
- 6:30 AM Start the day with a hot breakfast and devotions
- 7:45 AM Get your job assignment and head to the work site
- 12:00 NOON Eat packed lunch at site
- 4:00-5:00 PM Clean up and return to base
- 6:00 PM Eat supper
- 7:30 PM Free time or sharing time
- 10:00 PM Bedtime
- Fridays are spent cleaning up the camp and supplies
- Head home on Friday evening or Saturday morning
Learn more about a typical week of service and what to expect by reading the MDS Volunteer Guide!
While MDS’s focus is rebuilding homes, our work also restores hope as we value the relationships of homeowners and local recovery committees that we work with. We welcome both skilled and unskilled volunteers to serve. The biggest requirement is to be flexible and ready to work – there is always something for someone to do! Join us in being the hands and feet of Jesus to those who have been affected by disaster.