Rockport, Coastal Bend, Tex., Weekly Report, March 26-30, 2018
April 10, 2018
This week we have a reunion of the Mennonite Mission Houses joining together to be most of the short term crew at Coastal Bend. The Mission houses represented are from Johnstown, PA; Albuquerque, NM. and Jackson, MS. Del Herschberger from Hesston, KS (Mennonite Mission staff member) came with the group. Bob Shay from Fairview, Michigan also joined us for the week. We also had Hilda Zylstra come as a day volunteer on Thursday joining her husband John who has been serving as a crew leader for the past two weeks.
A lot of work was done this week.
- Mike and Linda’s the painting is complete, working on trim boards and flooring.
- Tommy and Gracie’s home is to the mudding stage.
- The crown molding is went up at Ray Nelson’s home.
- Joe and April’s home has a new exterior paint color of light blue, bathroom shower is being tiled.
- Kaleb and Lucy’s house has been skirted and fans/lights installed as well as a vanity.
- Janice’s home has drywall board up and mudding has started.
- Gilbert Lopez has the wheelchair ramp that is so needed to enable his wife to return home to their new house.
Here are some of the highlights this past week.
A highlight was to see the reunion of the Mennonite Mission group that came together from different parts of U.S. to be together for this project, they had not seen each other for some time. We wish them well as they go on from here to volunteer at other locations and in other ways.
Once again we have the privilege of have a homeowner come to speak to us at our evening meal. This week Mike and Linda and two of their family joined us and shared their story.
Changes to the long term team this week: Jan has left for a bit of a holiday and then will be involved with MDS in Florida. Ike and I (Priscilla) are passing on the torch this weekend to Rob and Mary Renz as Project Directors and to Gary Zehr as Office Manager.
Wishing you a Blessed Easter
Priscilla for the long term team – Ike, Helmut & Karin, Ted, John and Jan