Leadership Volunteers are responsible for the day to day operations of an MDS project. They work together with local community partners and homeowners, organize the work for the weekly volunteers, and ensure that all volunteers are well fed and cared for throughout their time on the project.
MDS Leadership Volunteers…..
- are Christian men and women (age 19+) years of age
- have a desire to share time to provide leadership at an MDS project, usually four weeks or more
- have compassion to serve other volunteers and homeowners after disaster
- have life skills to lead and work cooperatively to help families rebuild after disaster
- have good to excellent health and stamina for hard work
- have ability to manage people, workflow, and a variety of vendors
- may have construction experience – is a plus
Leadership Volunteer positions include:
Becoming a Leadership Volunteer
Complete the Leadership Application (required)
Interview and reference check (required).
Gain experience by volunteering for at least one week.
Attend leadership training and specific training for desired position(s). Click here to see 2019 MDS Leadership Training Events.
Shadow – spend one week learning from an experienced volunteer, as requested and available.
If you have never served on an MDS project, start here to apply for a week long experience.
• Completion of a Long-Term Application Form and participating in an interview does not guarantee placement on an MDS project.
• Travel expenses to and from projects are reimbursed according to current MDS policy
• A small stipend is provided to Leadership Volunteers
• Volunteers are responsible for their own medical healthcare insurance – MDS carries secondary accident insurance for all volunteers.
• Pets are NOT allowed on projects. (Exception: RV sites that allow pets – pets must be left at the RV site.)
For more information or to serve, please contact:
Canadian residents: Kelsey Friesen at 866-261-1274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. residents: Josh Carson at 800-241-8111 or email email@example.com